Yoga Mama offers classes which nurture, nourish and mentor women of all ages and stages of life from maiden to matriarch; entering menarche (menstruation) or menopause. We honour the timeless, respectable tradition of community where the young learn from the wise and the nurturers are themselves nurtured by a community of woman.
Our Yoga Mama: Womb Yoga classes are suitable for you if you are currently addressing:
- Pregnancy and Birth
- Postpartum & Motherhood
- PMS & Hormones
- Finding Balance
Recommended by most doctors and midwives, Yoga Mama offers Prenatal Yoga that has a multitude of benefits to both mother and baby throughout pregnancy, during birth and beyond:
- Joint exercises – perfect for poor circulation, swelling/water retention and excellent to improve mobility. Also enhances squatting and other birthing positions.
- Gentle Stretching – maintains supple and toned muscles. Relieves back ache.
- Breathing – balances the autonomic nervous system which regulates the major systems of the body and controls hormonal secretions. Deep breathing increases the intake of oxygen to both mother and baby. ‘Birthing breaths’ aid in the preparation for a calm birthing.
- Yoga Nidra Relaxation – Blood pressure is also lowered during this relaxation technique and one gains the equivalent of 4 hours deep sleep. Yoga Nidra also promotes inner communication with your child and assists in releasing any impressions associated with the fear of birthing.
- By developing a deeper awareness of your body, a powerful connection between a mother and her child is established.
Modern women are increasingly facing challenges with becoming pregnant, spanning: hormonal imbalances, womb lining issues, endometriosis and cystic ovaries.
Yoga Mama offers Fertility Yoga which addresses these concerns by:
- Using flowing and compressing postures which massages and nourish the pelvic organs and reproductive system, thereby encouraging a flow of fresh blood to the sacral region.
- Drawing upon yogic techniques to bring balance to the endocrine hormonal system.
- Facilitating the ancient art of the Yoga Nidra, a deep relaxation technique used to relieve the body of high stress levels and latent fears.
- Relax and slow down the over production of acid, testosterone and adrenalin prevalent in unbalanced, modern women.
- Visualisation is a powerful technique to encourage intention and manifestation of creation.
The postnatal new mother faces many challenges as she embarks upon her journey into motherhood with each successive child. The list is endless: sleep deprivation, body image concerns, hormonal imbalances, tightness of body & aching joints, Post Natal Depression, lactation issues, teething and feeding challenges, meeting social demands and responsibilities.
Postnatal Yoga with Yoga Mama seeks to:
- Tone, tighten and strengthen the body
- Balance hormones
- Provide deep relaxation and restoration
- Offer a supportive community of women
- Encourage birth-story healing
You can follow along the Yoga Mama journey on Facebook.
- AddressCape Town, South Africa
- Category Specialised Services
- Location Cape Town
- Tag postnatal yoga, postnatal yoga in cape town, pregnancy, pregnancy yoga, pregnancy yoga in cape town, prenatal yoga, prenatal yoga in cape town, yoga classes in cape town, yoga in cape town, Yoga Mama
- By Tums 2 Tots
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org